Report Abuse

Re: I am a former TIMESHARE EMPLOYEE IN MEXICO

[Q=peps1] A real estate company in NYC claims to have a buyer for my many weeks at a resort close to Cancun. In the many forms they sent, there is a completed form from citibanamex, which shows the balance on Dec 28 for the agreed selling price. I have not yet signed the sales agreement, now in the final hour there is a foreign investment permit which has to be purchased before the sale can proceed. I can supposedly get this myself by getting it from the Mexican Embassy or they can get an Expiditor to process, a pin will be issued and is required before closing. Does this sound legitimate, I am absolutely not paying anything upfront, but also uneasy about this copy of a bank statement why would the funds be in the account before closing......is it a light form, I got it from the buyer company not the bank. If it is ok is it a simple affair to have funds transferred from Mexico.[/Q] Don't be a sap. There is no buyer and there is no "pending transaction". Scammers like these are a dime a dozen and their game is always very much the same. They lure you in with a baited hook --- the promise of big bucks (usually MUCH more than ANY Mexican RTU contract is worth to ANYONE). Once you bite, a contrived, bogus charge is suddenly required in order to proceed (escrow fee, tortilla tax, title fee, or some other such non-existent nonsense). Once you pay that money, the buyer "changes their mind", the transaction is dead --- and they simply disappear (along with whatever you paid, which you will never get back). Sellers don't PAY money --- sellers RECEIVE money. BUYERS pay money. Tell these parasites to take that alleged "fee" out of your proceeds and wait for their response. The response will be either lame excuses why they can't do that --- or just "crickets". DO NOT send them ANY money. If you proceed anyhow, you do so at your peril. Forewarned is forearmed.