Report Abuse

Has anyone dealt with GiveBackTimeshare.com?

[Q=cynattaj] I tried this company about three weeks ago. I have a one bedroom, even year, float, deeded and paid $7800 for Westgate Smokey Mountain in TN. They were not interested in buying my timeshare. Their advertisement is misleading. I don't know what type of timeshare they are looking for, but mine was not what they wanted.[/Q] I am not aware of ANY third party company that actually BUYS timeshares. Not one. Not anywhere. By the way, no one shopping in the timeshare resale market cares one bit what the original purchaser may have paid to a developer. That figure has no meaning or relevance whatsoever in the resale market, where the actual resale value simply "is whatever it is" out in today's marketplace. Unfortunately, Westgate products tend to be worth literally NOTHING in the resale market. This is because of restrictive reservation constraints which Westgate (deliberately and willfully) imposes upon all Westgate ownerships purchased in the resale market. When it comes to Wesgate, timeshare ownerships purchased developer-direct have value only in the actual use and enjoyment of the product itself. Beyond that actual "use and enjoyment" value, Westgate ownerships are essentially worthless in the resale market. You would be very lucky to even find someone willing to take it for free. Please don't shoot the messenger. Despite being unwelcome news, the above is completely accurate and truthful information.