Report Abuse

Unspecified "payment problems"...

[Q=als173] We rented our timeshare, great first step, but cannot seem to get payment out of REDWEEK. They are ONLY available through email and it has taken 2 weeks of very slow back and forth emailing to get NOWHERE. Still have not been paid for renting out our timeshare. they seem to think it is our fault! Maybe legal action is what it will take for this "company" to actually contact us properly and sort this problem. Banks contact you by phone, credit card companies contact you by phone, why can't Redweek??[/Q] I don't work for (or in any way represent) RedWeek, but I will nonetheless point out that RedWeek is primarily an Internet based entity, not a "brick and mortar" business establishment or a real estate office. Internet / email communication is in fact their primary mode of communication and in my experience generally works quite well. What exactly is the nature of your issue / dissatisfaction? Did you have a "full service" rental listing and agreement and the rental is now completed? Was there escrow of the rental funds? If there WAS escrow of funds, then consider that there is also a third party entity involved (First American Title, if I'm not mistaken) and two weeks is not an outrageous period of time for release of escrowed funds. That said, post-rental payment delay is precisely why, as a timeshare owner, I never agree to using "escrow" on those infrequent occasions when I conduct a timeshare rental. Is there some other issue or some other circumstances you have not mentioned? Frankly, you have not really provided enough information or detail for us to fully comprehend the nature (or validity) of your dissatisfaction. Threats of "legal action" would seem to be unwarranted and a bit premature right now (not to mention that any such "legal action" might very well cost you as much (or more) money than the sum you are apparently awaiting). Patience, grasshopper...