Report Abuse

Re: renting timeshare

Like William, I too am a long time paid TUG (and paid RedWeek) member, with no affiliation with either site other than as a paid, active member. While there is certainly far more knowledge and experience in the TUG discussion forums compared to these RedWeek discussion forums, I believe that RedWeek is a FAR superior ADVERTISING site for timeshare rentals or sales. For what it's worth, you can advertise on Craigslist for free but (unlike on RedWeek) on Craigslist you will likely get plenty of unwelcome and time consuming contacts from assorted spammers, scammers, phishers and insincere "tire kickers". There is another site called MyResortNetwork.com. No paid membership required, pay for each individual ad, very limited space for descripions. MRN does not hold a candle to RedWeek as an advertising venue; I never had ANY success on MRN. I only occasionally rent out any of my timeshare weeks, but in my own experience RedWeek has no equal as a venue for advertising timeshare rentals. You may have to adjust your rental price downward to be competitive with any and all other rentals being advertised for your particular property / unit type / week. If a rental is overpriced, it won't much matter where it's advertised.