Report Abuse

Re: Orange Lake and Holiday Inn

Hello - I just come back from Orange Lake a week ago, love the place! I used my Holiday Inn Club Points that I get from the timeshare I bought at South Beach Resort a few years back, but I want more points ! I went to one of their "owner" meetings to see if anything is new and it was no different than before, they just HOUND you to purchase a NEW timeshare unit to get more points. Soon I had the "Sales Mgr" sitting with us trying more pressure tactics to by a new unit as he said "That is the only way you are gonna get any more points" Is that true? I asked him if I could just buy "more points" and not another unit...and he then asked "why would you not want a Deed"...then I proceeded to say " I don't want any more maintenance fees yr after yr, i just want to buy POINTS!" He laughed at me and walked away. So My question is : I see timeshares for sale on EBAY for CHEAP! If I purchased one of these "certain week" timeshares I see out there can they be converted to Holiday Inn Club Points ? If so how would I go about this ? If you can buy these on EBAY for CHEAP , then why would anyone need to sit through the 2 hour pressure cooker at Orange lake ? [Q=brianm898] Only will transfer from Myrtle Beach, Gatlinburg and Lake Geneva, if the ad says its from any of the other resorts, they will not transfer.[/Q]