Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

If you own at the TMC, you probably have a deeded timeshare. That deed is recorded at the county and describes what you own: Resort address. Week. Unit. Size. When you purchased your timeshare, you had the option of "floating" your week to another time - this seemed like a great deal, at the time - great selling point. However, you just lost control of what you own, and now you can't get in. But, you still own what is described on the deed. They cannot use that unless you give them permission. This is probably in the paperwork. I don't understand why you are resorting to filing a class action suit and spending more money to do it when the attorneys usually take 40% of your winnings, if you win. Often times, attorneys might even ask for more money down the road. If you don't win, then you have lost even more - this does not include the headaches, years of litigation. Is it really worth your health? My suggestion is to first understand what you own by reading your documents thoroughly. If I can guide any of you, let me know. This has been going on for too much time. BTW, I am a former timeshare executive. I know the business like nobody else on this forum. Ask your attorneys if they have ever worked for a timeshare developer.