Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

My suggestion as a former timeshare executive... Whether it's Bluegreen or another timeshare company, most are dishonest. I applied to work for them in Las Vegas, and I told them that I would not lie under any circumstances. Never got a call back. In fact, they hung up on me. The TMC lawsuit seems costly, timely, emotionally draining and with no guarantees. I was involved in the class action lawsuit against Sunterra, now owned by Diamond Resorts. It took years, and out of the thousands of dollars they owed me, the lawyers settled and we each received a few hundred dollars. I lost thousands of dollars. I believe that each one of you has an individual case against TMC, and the result of the OAG's investigation is your backup. If you own a floating week timeshare at TMC, you should have a deed. That deed indicates your unit, size, and week. If you can prove that you were not allowed to use your timeshare while owning there, you have an open and shut case. If you don't have a deed, than you own nothing. Do whatever you can to convert your floating week into a fixed week. Unfortunately, NYC doesn't much timeshare. Hilton. Otherwise, get rid of it as you will surely encounter more headaches down the road, or pass them onto your children. You can simply walk away. Nothing anyone can or will do. I have been to court and won each time - without the use of a lawyer. Here is what can happen when you file a suit in the local court. 1. They will settle out of court 2. You will show up in the courtroom and they will not show up. You win a judgement and you are legally released from the timeshare 3. They will show up (which is highly unlikely), and you win because you have a strong case against them If each of you files a lawsuit, they will bogged down with so many lawsuits that they will do anything to get rid of you. They will be forced to settle because they need the deeds back in order for the new management to screw other families. I have been in this business for 15 years, and developers will ALWAYS follow the money trail. There is only one place that I would ever purchase another timeshare and that would be Royal Resorts in Cancun. Run by a Brit and an American for many years. You buy a fixed week, and in 30 years, you get all your money back. You get that week every year without any issues. You can also exchange internally. I have several owners who own many weeks there. Just my opinion, folks. Good luck to all!