Report Abuse

BlueGreen Vacations Timeshare is Legitimate

It definitely is a scam. They used a sweepstakes to win a brand new Camaro at an outlet mall by my house as a way to get people to by their vacation plans. They called me up and told me I was one out of 50 people nationwide that won a VIP vacation package for a 4 day cruise for only $248. The guy told me that I only had a few minutes to decide if I want to pay for it, and when I told him that it sounded sketchy, he told me he would drop the price to $198, but since it’s a VIP package, if I hung up then I would lose my offer. I asked him if everyone else gets a call for the “VIP” vacation package, and he told me no that only 50 people in the U.S. are getting this offer. However, when I filled out the raffle ticket to win the car, my girlfriend was with me and she filled one out, too... so I told the guy I didn’t want the package and hung up, and literally 5 minutes later, my girlfriend got a call for the same VIP package. If only 50 people in America got offered the VIP package, what are the chances that both me and my girlfriend would be selected for it? Lol. We must be the luckiest couple in the world to both win the VIP vacation package. If you really want a timeshare, just take your time to do the research, visit different seminars, and really ask around about them. Don’t get talked into buying one by someone on the phone. Treat buying a timeshare the same you would treat buying a home. Depending on your timeshare plan and how often you use it, your timeshare will be like your second home.