Report Abuse

Re: Give backb

hi tulipblossom, first off, no criticism intended, ok? however, there are different strokes/opinions/takes on common issues: "we the timeshare owners are the Manhattan Club." owners of entities like the manhattan club are not treated like manure. fairness and respect are expected. i have yet to see that, to wit, the exorbitant maintenance fees & lack of reservation availability (to name only two fraudulent issues.) "when you "give" your unit back, who are you actually giving it to? Is it to the corporate developer? Who will get to resell it"...............YES. we GIVE IT BACK to (PROBABLY) bluegreen, who will add your and others' givebacks to their sales inventory. they are paying you nothing for what you spent thousands for, so it's ALL profit for them when they re-sell it. "If you don't pay maintenance fees, then you are hurting the Association which belongs to the timeshare owners - not to Eichner." i must LOL (no malice intended!!!!!) there is an Association which is made up of people who couldn't care less about us owners, even pat, bill and jim (non- sponsored board members AND OWNERS.....A JOKE!) keep in mind, eichner is, by court order/ruling, not to deal in the timeshare business. so what? there are others in his fraudulent circle who can AND DO act in his behalf. all the rental monies FOR OUR TIME that were collected and continue to be collected go into the pockets of the HURTING ASSOCIATION, i.e., eichner, on behalf his associates, bluegreen and whoever else gets his/her dirty fingers into the pie. i could go on, but will not. my own simple conclusion (to be agreed with or not) is: i pay when i want to stay. i WILL NOT GIVE BACK MY TIME, ADDING PROFIT TO A PROVEN FRAUDULENT OPERATION. RIGHT NOW, I'M TAKING A WAIT-AND-SEE STANCE. if paying becomes much more of a financial burden, then i won't pay and, ergo, i won't stay. happy labor day, tulipblossom!!! your comments, pro or con, are welcome [Q=tulipblossom] There always seems to be some confusion about the Manhattan Club - we the timeshare owners are the Manhattan Club. Eichner was only the developer - so when you "give" your unit back, who are you actually giving it to? Is it to the corporate developer? Who will get to resell it? Who is releasing you from liability for your debts to the Manhattan Club - that's assuming that an owner stopped paying the maintenance fees If you don't pay maintenance fees, then you are hurting the Association which belongs to the timeshare owners - not to Eichner. So, Chris, can you also share your thoughts on this.[/Q]