Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Seth Nock sethnock@hotmail.com [manhattanclubowners] manhattanclubowners@yahoogroups.comHide To manhattanclubowners manhattanclubowners@yahoogroups.com I will not be taking anything. I will be assisting owners in getting rid of it. I am not saying to pay the fees, I am saying that if I can put this deal together, fees will need to be current at closing. I cannot promise that it will go through. I can promise that this is the ONLY option that I know of and that anyone who wants out will be no worse taking this option versus doing nothing as I don't know of a better option. I have NO affiliation with the Manhattan Club. If you are using the property and enjoying it, continue to do so. For years people have been posting on this thread that they have been paying the fees and been unable to use the property and have been afraid to walk away. Those are the people who I am trying to assist. In the Timeshare Industry there is a phrase "sunk money". This phrase refers to the fact that since people have paid a sizable fee for the product, they will continue to pay additional fees in the hopes to get their initial investment back. The typical owner who wants to get rid of there property has paid atleast 2 "marketing companies" to "advertise" there property, paying up to $3,000 to each of the "marketing companies" and then a percentage of those will pay a "relief company" up to 7 times the maintenance fee to "take" their properties. Once they pay these relief companies, many of these properties end up in "viking ships". Viking ships are companies that have been created for the sole purpose of deeding properties into with no intention of paying the maintenance fees. The sole purpose is to have the developer foreclose on the property with the relief company taking the money from the owner to get rid of the property. There have been laws passed in numerous states to make these "viking ships" illegal. I am trying to give owners an option. I don't care if you use it or continue to use your properties. I just want to help owners from getting scammed by the marketing and the relief companies. fyi, Irene Smalls