Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Vacation Club point system

Point, Smoints! If I knew that 15 years ago I would prepay $1,600. for a week vacation on an island or a land location I would have thought twice. So you pay $20,000- $50,000 or higher plus $1,600 maintenance plus airfare for a seven day trip to a beautiful place which you hope all is open and there is no construction. Today with so many web sites available to create your own vacation and have that privilege to cancel it the last minute and not be in a use it or lose it position. So many Marriott Timeshare vacation properties can be rented for as little as $103.00 per day. I know as I did that for Breckenridge. Using my math for seven days that's less than half my maintenance for a one week"Villa"????l After 15 years finally I can say I am ahead of the game if I go to Aruba or Marco Island. Those per day prices are a ridiculous $300 per day and more. Add airfare to Aruba and maybe not that great as now starting cost are $1,600. maintenance and club fees plus $1,500. airfare or a start at $443. per day, Does anybody think about the math as I do.