Report Abuse

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

I've heard 14,000 units were sold but who knows how many non existent weeks were sold and where did that figure come from? How do you know that you were one of the "over sold "units. As far as an analogy about a bank - a bank is not going to give one a mortgage until you, the mortgagor, apply for one. And if you've defrauded the bank, then it falls back on you, the purchaser. The bank isn't going to just write off the loss and not seek to recover. At some point the old "caveat emptor" legal principle applies which is "buyer, beware". I just happen to believe that those who don't pay end up hurting those who do and they will not be able to walk away and damage the Manhattan Club because of the developer's fraudulent actions. I think many are penalizing the Manhattan Club when their anger should be directed against Eichner, the developer - he's the one who defrauded all owners - it wasn't the Manhattan Club as the Manhattan Club is comprised of all the timeshare owners. My understanding is that we all received fee simple deeds which I believe means we own the property. Perhaps the Zimmerman firm can explain what we own and who owns the building and assets. But again, you need to do what you believe is right for you.