Report Abuse

Howzzat???

[Q=pinkl2] Recently brought a timeshare in Westgate Las Vegas. We thought it was for full weeks. Four bedrooms that can be separated or used as a whole. We recently tried to book a stay only to be told it’s a partial week. I’m writing because I fill we should cut our losses right here and now my friend wants to stick it out thinking it will go up in value. What should we do any suggestions.[/Q] I despise Westgate and everything about them, but I have [b]NEVER[/b] (in 35+ years of timeshare ownership and experience) heard of any such thing as a "partial week" ownership. Some timeshares are deeded fixed weeks, some are "flex" weeks. Others are pure points (with no assigned week or specific resort at all, but Westgate does not have any such thing). Some timeshares have both points and an associated underlying week (Westgate does not have this either). Who exactly told you that you have a "partial week"? More importantly, what does your purchase contract state? This sounds like complete incorrect BS to me, quite frankly. Then again, if you purchased whatever you bought in the resale market (i.e., not purchased directly from Westgate), Westgate is certainly known to impose some severe and restrictive constraints on [b]all[/b] resale buyer reservations. In any case, the "partial week" really makes absolutely no sense at all to me.