Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

JD - I understand your arguments but I will now divulge to you, Chris, and others- I do have a legal background and I believe that the Zimmerman firm is our best bet. The only option left is to retain your own legal counsel because while I hope that the new Attorney General will pursue action on the timeshare owners' behalf, she will most likely be estopped from reopening this case unless new fraud is discovered or the terms of the settlement have been breached. The bar will be high and I'm not sure she will choose to reopen this case - I hope so - but we need to be realistic. So, the options are - go with Zimmerman, hire your own attorney, keep your fingers crossed that the new Attorney General will reopen the case, or continue to complain and do nothing. Chris, I hope you will contact Mr. Zimmerman and lay out your concerns and then maybe he will share more on this site. I can assure you that from what he has shared today with those of us who have retained him, I don't feel like my money has been wasted. And J. D. - what do you suggest - which course of action will you choose to take?? There are well over 200 pages of postings on this site that cover a span of many years - what progress has been made except for the ridiculous settlement by the former Attorney General? And I will be the first to admit, Mr. Zimmerman may not be successful but I will not believe I have thrown my money away. Those of us who have retained him have actually done something to advance a possible additional settlement of our grievances. Nothing is free!!