Report Abuse

Re: BlueGreen Vacations Timeshare Scam Warning!!!

I am currently battling Bluegreen after spending nearly $18,000 on something I cannot use because I cannot book where or when I need to. We were told lies and given false information about the entire membership. I have yet to use my points. The only thing they told me was to buy more points because premier would give me advantages over 80% of the other members. This is a scam and you will be paying a high interest rate mortgage for non-real property. Do not believe them when they say you can refinance it. You can't!!!! They refused to help me and ignored my calls and emails. I had to get an attorney. Then they said they could not help me since I have legal representation and to have the attorney contact them. Bluegreen has yet to return the attorney's calls and demand letters. I have PAGES and PAGES worth of complaints regarding the lies they told me. Due to the pending legal action, I will not go into further details, but do stand you ground with them regarding your complaint! Please, if you have issues with Bluegreen, contact the BBB in Florida where Bluegreen is based. Also, contact the consumer protection division at the Attorney General's Office in your state and/or the state where you purchased your package. Bass Pro sued Bluegreen and broke their partnership due to Bluegreen sales tactics and breach of contract until a high dollar deal was agreed to. Bluegreen stocks have fallen considerably since I signed up in July 2018. At that time, the stock was 25.25; however, today the stock 11.22 with a low of 7.79 on July 7th. I filed a complaint with the BBB; however, since Bluegreen answered me, they closed my compliant. Also, since I filed a complaint, I can not leave a review. The BBB will decide if they will post my complaint or not. I can not fathom how a business with nearly 900 complaints (over 300 the past year) can still maintain an A+ rating because they answered the complaints. Be vigilant in your complaints. Although the person who is hired to answer the complaints has no idea what was said, they will try and deny there was any wrong doing. Bluegreen needs to be held accountable.