Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

[Q=dennish144] Interval - The point is, there is less “good” timeshare availability using exchanges thru Interval. The result is my high value Marriott weeks will not be deposited to Interval. My new strategy is to place good weeks for rent on Redweek and then use rent proceeds to rent what I want in or out of Marriott. Yes, Marriott has devalued Interval - maybe even killed It. Points are the currency of the new Vacation Club program. However, using cash provides greater value, flexibility, and addresses our changing needs. Yes, I am an owner of points and several platinum weeks. I’m merely looking back at what would have been better for us. [Q=joya8] I just traded for Marriott Waihohai in Kauai through II using my Marriott Hilton Head Shelter Cove which is certainly an excellent trade so I would say “ no” they aren’t taking the best trades for themselves...... Remember, using II someone has to give it up, for you to be able to get it and then you have to be at the right place at the right time asking for it before someone else makes the exchange. As for the person posting that they have tried 13 months ahead at 9 am to get into Maui for Christmas/NewYears.... those resorts were probably 90 percent sold out long before the point system, as fixed weeks. If you had bought a fixed holiday week there at $40-$50K I doubt you would be releasing it for trade or points either....therefore little to no availability.[/Q][/Q] There are still many who get their desired selections through Interval. However, it often takes longer than it used to. I am not surprised that there is less inventory within the system since Marriott owners have more access when it’s deposited because of the points system. There are pluses and minuses to the points system depending upon ones approach. However, what system does not have those pluses or minuses.