Report Abuse

Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

How much in total maintenance dues, club dues do you pay per year? 19,000 points appears to equate to maybe over $10,000. Dollars before you get your feet wet at the beach. I get a little tire of making the beds, cleaning the bathrooms as a timeshare owner you don’t get that on a daily basis or at all. Then what’s included in maintenance dues? [Q=kathryng11] I don't know what you mean about I'm 100% Marriott.....I've owned timeshare since 1979, long before Marriott got involved with it, and I've been a Marriott owner for over 25 years, I have over 19,000 points available to me if I "Elect" to turn in my weeks to Destination Points with my current ownership, and have sold three other weeks I owned through Marriott Resale.... I have cashed in over 7,000,000 Hotel Reward Points and enjoy the "travel packages with air/hotel" and yes, I HAVE TAKEN IT UPON MYSELF TO LEARN ABOUT WHAT I OWN, because of the financial investment I've made to my "401 Vacation plan". I have recouped my initial investment on all of my weeks at least four-five times over the years, including Maintenance Fees. I even rent some out on Redweek at times....Sorry, It is NOT a ripoff[/Q]