Report Abuse

Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Hello Michael B......your math is very good, and yes, my maintenance fees and club dues were about $9,600 last year. I was successful in renting five of my six weeks out thru Redweek and privately last year for $10,700. My Three Bedroom I own at the Grand Chateau I converted to 4,650 Destination Points, and stretched it into 18 days of vacations, 3 to 5 days at a time, going Sunday thru Thursday nights, and because I'm Chairman VIP Club Member with Marriott, I get an additional 30% discount of points when I book 60 days or less, and also took advantage of their new Destination Escapes program. I also still have over 1.5 million Marriott Bonvoy points for my international travel with the Hotel and Air Packages. I also have a full time job, which has curtailed my travels down to only about six weeks a year (since I've been with my company for over 19 years) and of course take advantage of my days off and take an extra one or two days for a "long weekend" ......it all works for me for now.