Report Abuse

Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Hello Anthony. It's me again, Kathy. I own deeded weeks and sounds like you do as well. I elected to "Enroll" all six of my deeded weeks, but I still hold the deeds to my properties at Desert Sorings, Shadow Ridge, Grand Chateau and Ocean Pointe. It's my choice each year if I want to use my weeks the original Legacy way, or I can use one or all into the Points. I have not purchased any points yet, but they are "Deeded Beneficial Interests in a Land Trust". Marriott does NOT SELL AIR. Deeded week owners will always be able to continue to book their reservations as in the past at their home resorts, and MVCI could only sell x# of Fixed weeks. By Resl Estate Law they can not sell more fixed weeks than units at the Resort. If a "Fixed Week" Owner is enrolled in the Destination Program and any given year "elects" to get points for that week then, and that year only (year by year) would it give the week to MVCI to book other reservations against it. All "Weeks" SOLD is still owned by the owners, but any inventory that Marriott had not sold by June 20, 2010 went into the Land Trust. MVCI Resale office bought a week I owned in Royal Palms from me in 2010 to have inventory to put into the Teust. If Marriott never built another unit, or acquired any properties, there would be a limit as to how much they could sell. It is still Deeded Real Estate . Any of the W, H & S Owners coming into Marriott can still reserve in their respective systems, but they will not be able to have any access to any Marriott inventory unless they exchange thru Interval or unless they purchase Destination Points in the trust. I have verified that numerous times thru Owner Services, Board members, and executives at MVCI. We as a Marriott owner had to pay $$ to have access to the Point Program. Westin, Hyatt and Shetidan owners will not get a free ride. It gas not been released yet how their weeks will equate into Marriott or via versa. The hotels were transitioned and some of my friends who had Starwoos gotel points were h.g.h appt eith the transition. I didn't have Starwood points so can't spe as k on it.. I'd be happy to give you a phone # if you want it. Rather than talking to a "Sales person" as you indicated, call Owner Services....they tell it like it is and they do the bookings. I love my flexibility, able to do what I want, the old way, (nothing changed ) or the new way. Have a nice evening. K