Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

I own three weeks at Ko Olina, Ocean Pointe and Aruba Surf Club and have no problem getting my units at 12 months out even though I can get then at 13 months out. I can elect almost 13,000 MVC points each year and get way more than three weeks of vacation using points. I don’t use my points for cruises, airfare and tours because I can get those cheaper with cash. You get the most for your money with by using your Marriott Vacation Club points for accommodations. Every time I use the Marriott hotels, I save money. The 4 p.m. late checkout is a godsend. I can stay longer and not pay for the extra time. The lounge accessibility at the hotels, the lounge access for United Silver Premier status members and free baggage are all money savers. The room upgrades are also money savers and welcomed when they are available. I love the flexibility of the Marriott program and I also have learned how to have my vacations each year and make a few dollars as well. Many of you should go on TUG and share your concerns and learn the nuances of the Marriott program. I am by no means saying it’s perfect, but there are some very distinct advantages to it.