Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Vacation Club point system (by Charles S.):

alanr168 wrote:
Thanks for your reply but there must be something called Premium Points. I currently have two reservations for stays at Marriott resorts. In the cancellation terms they both state that for cancellations 60 days or less prior to the arrival date if the reservation was made using Premium Points then the points will be forfeited. If the reservation is with regular points then the points go into a holding account. I believe a holding account is one from which points can only be used to make reservations no more than 60 days in advance but I'm not sure what the Premium Points are.

I remember now. Premium points are the additional points that owners with fewer than 4000 Destination points (called Owner level) pay when they want to make a reservation for 7 or more nights at 13 months out. Premium points are the additional points (sort of like a tax) to get the 13 month reservation. Those at higher Marriott benefit loyalty tier levels can make the same reservation and not have the premium point penalty.

Sorry I did not realize what you were initially asking. Once you wrote reservations, it immediately clicked.