Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

BlueGreen (by KC):

I agree with the above post that BlueGreen is not a "scam". It is not. BlueGreen has been around and successful for a very long time. However, like many other "chains"(Westgate, Wyndham, etc.) BlueGreen has some hungry and deceitful sales weasels who will say virtually anything to make a sale (at grossly inflated prices). People who fall for those sales pitches, grossly overpay and discover only later that they have been lied to, invariably cry "scam". When they find out that the "product" they purchased has little or no value in the resale market, their anger understandably increases. However, voluntarily choosing to make a bad purchase decision but then regretting it later does not make that unwise personal decision a "scam" by the seller.

In my personal experience and opinion, the primary shortcoming with BlueGreen (aside from having little or no resale market value) is that many BlueGreen-affiliated properties (and there are lots of them) are quite mediocre. The above assertion that BG has "the best resorts ever" is just plain silly. I've stayed at around 10 BlueGreen properties over the years; all have been satisfactory but certainly none were anywhere close to being "the best resorts ever". Maybe that "best resorts ever" description was just offered as a tongue-in-cheek joke?

I own fixed weeks at a resort which also has a number of BlueGreen members. Great location, mediocre resort. A family member owns several fixed weeks at a different resort (in Florida) which has a number of BG members. Again --- great location, but mediocre resort. I have (6 to 8 times over the past 25+ years) "exchanged" into different BlueGreen-affiliated timeshare properties. All have been entirely satisfactory, but none have been anything more than that (which is fine with us --- we prefer good location over facility opulence). There is certainly a multitude of timeshares at which BlueGreen members can make reservations (if space is available, of course), but the quantity of options does not translate into quality of product.

To each their own --- but BlueGreen itself is most certainly NOT a scam, despite some of their questionable sales practices. It seems to me that many compaints here are about the location of the FREE lodging provided to people who have knowingly and willfully decided to attend a BlueGreen sales presentation.