Marriott System

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott System (by Sandy P.):

garyk11 wrote:
I am considering selling our 3 bdrm MGC and was wondering what I should know about this from someone who recently bought. How did you find a price that you thought was right? What systems (internet?) did you look at to find a seller? Any other advise would be helpful.

Thank, Gary

chuckg21 wrote:
We have recently purchased on the resale market a 3 bedroom Marriott Grand Chateau, Las Vegas week. Would someone be so kind to let us know if they have experienced any difficulty exchanging Marriott weeks that were purchased on the resale market. We would like to know if we should anticipate difficulty making exchanges with this property to desirable locations, such as Hawaii.
HI Chuck, I exchanged my Marriott's OceanWatch platinum season last year and got Kop Olina 2 bdr in July trough Interval International. The fact that you bought a resale makes no difference what so ever. It depends on how early you deposit your week & what season you own. If you own platinum you have obliviously more chances on obtained high demand months. Also keep in mind that you have better chances in getting your week if you deposit your unit as opposed to doing a request first.(a request fist means that Interval will use your week only if they find something you wan, if not you still get to use your week). I have a lady that I call when using Interval Marriot's help desk, she is super great. She knows her stuff & is very professional. I believe her name is Mila. you can contact her at 1800-822-2920 ext 8807. Her office hours are from am-Pam Monday to Friday. If she is on an other call leave her a message & she usually calls right back. I also exchanged 2 studios at Marriott's Ocean Pointe 2 weeks ago. One of them was immediately confirmed for a studio at Marriott Ko Olina next July. The other is still pending. The thing about exchanges is that you have to try & give as many dates & places as possible . It's a little frustrating if you try to exchange for one specific week in the year at one specific place. When exchanging a Marriott's unit you have priority on being confirmed in a Marriott's. this really is a huge advantage on owners of other resorts that want to trade for Marriott's. I also did trade often for Aruba & other places. The one I was never able to obtain is Atlantis in Bahamas 2 bdr unit. Well I hope this was helpful. Sandra