Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: How do payments work with listings that are not Verified & Protected? (by KC):

scottb35 wrote:
I like listings without verified and protected because the final price to the renter always ends up $500 more than what is advertised. I have rented for years and have never had a problem renting straight from the owner. I don't like the added taxes and fees. There is no deal with that amount added to the final payment.

With all due respect, you are apparently confused and mistaken. If an owner handles his / her own RedWeek-advertised rental and chooses only to become "RedWeek Verified" for the additional $14.95 fee, there is absolutely no additional cost to the renter. No additional taxes, no additional fees and certainly no "$500". I have no idea how or why you might somehow believe otherwise, but you are mistaken. I have conducted numerous rentals on RedWeek as a timeshare owner over the years, "RedWeek Verified" only, and there has never once been one penny of additional cost to the tenant above the advertised rental cost . None, zero, zippo.