Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: shearton vistana villages exchange power (by Ginger S.):

I am curious about the internal exhange within the Starwood system for those who own at the SV Villages. Did you have a problem exchanging to other Starwood resorts with your Star Options? I have owned at the Villages for 4 years now and have always gone back to the villages each time. I want to exchange next year for another property within the Starwood family. Possibly Hawaii, did anyone have difficulty doing this?

Ps. With so many resorts within the Starwood system why would you not use their resorts and skip the II or RCI fee.

As an added comment I do know for a fact that all property's are not rated the same. I own another Gold Crown resort in Orlando and can never get the resort that I want to exchange for. That resort is a 3 bedroom (no Lock-off), Gold Crown, Easter Week. I cannot get an equal 3 bedroom water front property. I had a search on with that property for 2 years in advance for Hawaii the best I could get was less than a Gold Crown 1 bedroom. I also did a search for a 3 bedroom in the Las Vegas area. The best I got was a 2 bedroom outside of Las Vegas and that fell in August.