Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Trade your time share week for a tax deduction to the NISS Foundation - see www.NISSfoundation.org (by KC):

kekouri notes: >> It appears the TUG & Timeshare Today magazines tax contributer might have a disagreement with giving the week to charity and getting a tax deduction. (Unless something has changed).

David on TUG ( I see no dates of the article) noted this....use the link...then scan down to last paragraph under "Donating Your T/S to Charity"... << -------------------------------------------------------------

I believe that (according to Dave M, a CPA on TUG) there are important distinctions between donating *ownership* of a timeshare and donating a week of *use* to a charity, as far as tax deductions go. This important difference and distinction is precisely why I suggested to the OP (tony) that a more clear distinction between the two be more clearly made in the subject of his posting. I personally think that the subject line as it currently exists is a bit misleading and perhaps not actually worded to best elicit interest or response. But that's not my call to make...