Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: RedWeek's own new point system! (by Mike N.):

wendywins wrote:
Yes. I did tell them. Maybe there are lots of units in Cabo..and the distinction of a penthouse (2 floors) private jacuzzi,gold crown resort...etc did not make any difference. I have rented this unit for $4,200 for a week before,which I said was considerably under the resort's rack rate...I will likely drop the price and offer it for less still rather than take the points. I see few trades that compare in value to this unit to me ...though I like the idea of getting two or three weeks for one and think the redweek point system is a good idea...just not maybe the venue to trade mine at this point. Cant decide...
================ I agree, I recently submitted a summer week for a valuation. The number of points they offered would not even get me a different summer week in the same area. RedWeek is getting too paranoid about “eating” weeks. I don't know how many points you were offered (2500-3000?). But I assume if RedWeek offers you 3000 points for your unit, then it would cost 3000 points for an exchange; this might be beyond the points which many people have available (or can buy). Somehow I don't think RedWeek quite understands that they make their $$$ when owners complete exchanges. If RedWeek offered you a decent number of points AND there were acceptable exchange availabilities, you may have made 2 exchanges (there's $250). Someone would've scooped up your unit (another $125) and may have had to buy some points to complete the transaction (more $$$). Your one deposit may have brought in at least $750-$1000 to Redweek. This doesn't take into account that your deposit may have initiated the completion of a chain of provisional deposits.