Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Buying a timeshare at Vacation Village at Parkway (by Mike N.):

janellen4 wrote:
Hi,

My husband and I just got back from a trip to Orlando where we stayed at Vacation Village at Parkway for 1 week at a reduced price in which we did the timeshare tour.

The thing is, we are very interested but from all our reading here and elsewhere are extremely confused. We did manage enough courage to say no thanks to the salesman and their tactics, but we did actually fall in love with the location and amenities.

So we are interested in finding a resale, and am looking for info about "floating" weeks etc. The salesman offered us a 2 bed lookout and went on about RCI will treat this as 2 weeks...If the guy had been nicer he probably would have got a sale from us, he lost us solely on his rudeness and the fact that I knew it would be better for us to buy a resale...we were using this trip to see if we like Orlando and the venue - all of which we do.

So any words of wisdom or should we run for the hills?

=========== Vacation Village at Parkway is part of the Daily Management Co (www.dailymanagementresorts.com). They manage 15-16 resorts...some good ones, some mediocre ones. Based on availability, you can exchange into these resorts for a fee, which I believe is $99. This resort is an RCI Points resort. If you buy a prime week you will get a good number of points for you to use if you want to exchange. It also provides more flexibility in your plans. If you decide to buy and plan on doing a fair amount of exchanging, be sure that you will be part of the Points system, and the unit is not part of the traditional "weeks" system. Otherwise the resort might try to entice you to pay a few thousand $$ to convert to Points. Good Luck and don't hesitate to ask more questions. There are many knowledgeable members here on RedWeek. Mike