Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Memberships in Exchange companies (by Gordon H.):

Yes, I found that out today. Because of a "short turn-around time" my ts was valued less than one that I was interested in yet my resort has more to offer and is five star compared to two, according to reviews. I am still a member of II and I looked up a few examples of exchanges and one was in Hawaii and the difference, as I expected, was that I could exchange my 2 br. w/k sleeping 6 for a 1 br w/k sleeping 4. That sounded pretty decent to me. The time frame for use was about the same.

So I am still considering hanging in there yet with II as they also have some cheap "get-away" offers that really are much lower in rent than usual. So if we've let our kids use our ts we can always go somewhere else real cheap. We'll see what Redweek has to offer for next year. But I am not necessarily going to exchange every year. I'm not this year, just wanted to get an idea of the value. One of kids and her family are going to use it this year....it's at Kissimmee!