Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Salesman claims vs. cold, hard facts... (by KC):

vienl states in part: >> But the Wyndham people at a sale presentation told me that I can exchange 28000 Wyndham points for any size , any time RCi resort.<<

I would encourage you to ALWAYS keep in mind that in the exchange world, regardless of the particular exchange company involved, it's ultimately ALWAYS all about UNIT AVAILABILITY!

Someone has to actually DEPOSIT something before it ever becomes available to anyone else for exchange. So, to that point, the "any size, any time RCI resort" statement is absolutely, blatantly false. In prime time / prime areas (e.g., Florida Keys anytime, Gulf Coast Florida in winter months, Cape Cod summer weeks, etc.) the LEAST valuable thing any owner could ever possibly do with such a week is to "deposit for exchange". You'll only VERY rarely EVER see such weeks become available for exchange, since an owner not using such a valuable week can instead just rent it out for big bucks --- without any "roll of the dice" gamble on getting an exchange of comparable value. Compounding the problem of availability of prime weeks with RCI is the fact that RCI rents out such prime weeks themselves (in the rare instances when they get them at all) instead of making them available to members for "exchange". This is EXACTLY what the class action lawsuit filed against RCI (Murillo vs. RCI) was really all about...

In short summary, it's ALWAYS all about *AVAILABILITY* --- no matter what some lying sales weasel might tell you just to close a sale. If it ain't "available", then NO amount of points on the planet is going to actually get you in there...