New to timeshares

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Exchanging... (by Robert J.):

>> 3. What is confusing, is I submitted my unit (the full 2 bedroom/2bath unit - sleeps 8) for valuation for the week 9/12/09 to 9/19/09. I received a value of 963 pts. <<

Valuations are based upon projected demand, other available inventory for the same time period at the same resort, long term advance deposit date and other factors which I do not claim to know. In my own experience and opinion, RedWeek valuations seem to often be inconsistent, but I certainly do not claim to know all of the RedWeek evaluation parameters. In any case, per above, you can't actually deposit ANY week until you first obtain a confirmed reservation.

>> There is a studio (small portion of the lockout) that is available for the same week and would cost 1212 pts. That doesn't seem right or fair. Why am I getting so little in return compared to a much smaller unit for the same week. Why are the 2 pts values so disproportionate?<<

You don't actually state outright that this "same week" is also at the exact same RESORT. If it is, then you have apparently happened upon an inconsistency in RedWeek valuations --- which only RedWeek can explain for itself. The good news is that with the RedWeek exchange program, if you don't like the valuation offered, you can simply decline to deposit the week at all. That's considerably better, by comparison, than the mandatory RCI practice of "deposit first, then just hope and pray"...

Yes, same resort, same week, just the unit is different. My first experience with this, and it gives me a bad feeling. I am offering up so much more, and receiving about a third less in points. Somehow, this leaves me with the impression that RedWeek is somehow overly profiting from this. Just a gut feeling mind you, but it is what I feel, right or wrong, but facts is facts.