Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Outrageous 2009 Maintenance Fees (by Patricia T.):

Robert. I applaud your efforts to come up with specific solutions to the Maintenance Fees. I agree that all owners who feel the increases are outrageous should direct a letter to the board with a copy to Mr. Kerzner and to send that letter just before the board meets annually. I would ask Mr.Kerzner to consider incorporating a bill that would allow US attornies to deal with US citizens purchasing at Harborside. I doubt that will happen. I would NOT encourage voicing an opinion upon check-in or you may very well find yourself with an undesirable unit view. I tried to find industry average for 5 star resorts on google but was unsuccessful. I believe Kerzner enterprises and Starwood both get a piece of administrative surplus from Maintenance Fees. I would like to quote the source but can't recall at this time. I very much doubt either of the above very much cares about our outrage. I am very happy to have Redweek which has enabled us to pay our fees annually through our rentals albeit without much of a profit. To buy resale in the Bahamas, add an approximate $2,000 closing cost to the Bahamian lawyer. US attorney not permitted. At some future point I know we will be forced to sell our units due to the fee escalations. I'm sure we are not the only ones. In the interim we do find Harborside to be the most beautiful place in the world and therefore pay handsomely to be there until such time as we can't. patriciag