Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Kanaapali Villas verses Kannapali Resort and Spa (by Jeff W.):

I'm writing this from the Villas right now. We own at the Villas and have stayed many times at both the Villas and at the Westin Maui on the Kaanapali strip

The strip is great - you are central to the activity of the beach and right next to Whalers Village. Personally, I prefer the Villas. The grounds are wonderful, the Villas are fantastic, and between the North and south properties you now have dining options, two stores, multiple pools and a spa on site. This year we starting BBQing some dinners - you can get great marinated fish and meats at the stores, or at Safeway, Kings Market (formerly Star market) or the Fish market - all minutes away. I actually prefer this beach for my family (including a 4 and 9 year old) - the surf seems less rough for the little kids and the kids do prefer these pools. Others opinions may vary from mine in this area.

My biggest point of discontent with the property was the location. I've never smelled the smell, but I always loved walking along the beach path on the main Kaanapali strip. Now that path connects from the Hyatt at the south end of Kaanapali all the way up past the Villas. My family and I have walked down a couple of times to Whalers Village (in about 20 minutes) along the ocean and taken the shuttle back to the Villas. The Westin shuttle now stops at all the Starwood resorts, The Lahani Cannery, Lahani Gateway and Lahani itself. It's been great, I feel fully connected, but not overcrowded and now I am a totally happy camper.