Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Global Access thru Orange Lake Resorts (by Le Y.):

Wow that long? You can walk out after the 90 minutes. The worst that could happen is you dont receive the gift. I own a 1 bed room since 2000 in north village. When I went to that presentation I was offered $40 to use within the resort.

I was told many things but after the 90 minutes I told them that was enough and I'm leaving. Just be warned they'll probably tell you that you need to sign your rights away but thats is just to scare you. As when I told them I had no problem signing as long as a get a copy (it's only legal binding if you sign something and get a copy of it) they quickly changed the topic and sent me to gifting.

BTW I advise you to exercise your 3 days right to get out of the deal.

Also note I've have been to the Orange Lake Presentation several times. Each time (seperated by a year) they fine tune their presentation as arguments I brought up in earlier years against the Global Access they have trained their sales people with canned responses.

bettyc100 wrote:
My husband and I have owned a 2BR golf villa at Orange Lake in Kissimmee (OL) since 1991 plus another 2 weeks in Branson, MO. We have enjoyed our visits immensely and have seen no reason to convert to points. On this visit to OL we were again presented with the sales pitch to purchase an additional unit ($13,800 for a bi-annual week in VT for points only) and convert our current OL week into points. When it appeared that we would starve to death before we were allowed to leave (12:45 pm to 5:20 pm) we signed the agreement, knowing that federal regulations give us 3 days to change our minds.

As retired educators, we do travel more than before and the idea of using points for airline tickets and hotel rooms sounds very enticing. However, how do we know if the points are worth the value for which we paid? We book airline tickets several months in advance and usually find reasonable prices. We stay in many hotels over several days and thus get reduced rates. Additionally, my husband is retired military, thus affording us other discounted vacation options which includes weeks at RCI resorts.

Does anyone have any information that would shed light on our decision making?