Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Global Access thru Orange Lake Resorts (by Bill C.):

You are right adahiscout, I misread your post.

And yes you can exchange Orange Lake thru RCI with points. But it is a little complicated. Orange Lake is part of the Holiday Inn Vacation Club (HIVC), which used to be called Global Access. If your week is a points week (and many older Orange lake owners have not converted to points), you call the HIVC exchange desk to transfer within Orange Lake and for transfer thru RCI. The HIVC people handle the transaction with RCI.

Also, my 2 bedroom in the River Island section (week 7) is worth 200,000 points for use within HIVC. BUT, if I exchange thru RCI, it only gets 100,000 points. My understanding is that the average 2 bedroom exchange in RCI for my week in an Orange Lake level resort is also worth about 100,00 points, so it would be an even exchange.

We have owned for about two years an have used our home week on both visits, so we have yet to exchange, so this information comes from OL sales reps, HIVC reps on the phone and a relative who has owned multiple weeks at Orange Lake for many years and has only recently converted to points. They have about 1,000,000 points. He is still skeptical of the whole points system, but succumbed to the sales pitch to convert when he and his wife bought an extra week.