Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Global Travel Network - has anyone used this? Pros and cons? (by Ricky B.):

My wife and I had been contemplating buying a timeshare resale on ebay when we received the Global Travel Network postcard offering a free trip, with airfair, etc. We knew it would be a sales pitch but we wanted to expose ourselves to as many options as we could before we decided what vacation club to join. YES! The presentation was long but interesting. A very different approach than timeshare. Basically, you get access to all of the properties in their network and timeshare weeks that owners trade in through RCI, etc. The plus for us was... No yearly maintenance fees. You do not own deeded property. You just get points (Stars) you can trade in each year for timeshare weeks anywhere with almost any company.

Long story short, we ended up buying 4 points (4 Stars) and have been very pleased. I just booked Dolphins cove near Disneyland, 2 bedroom condo, full week and it cost me 2 stars and $159.00. NO MAINTENANCE FEES.

Anyhow... We are very happy. Yes, the presentation is a sales pitch like any other sales pitch but we where in the market for a good plan for our family and this fit us better than a traditional time share. Much less expensive as well. The free gift was just OK but I kind of went in knowing that.

Good Luck in your Search.