Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Global Travel Network - has anyone used this? Pros and cons? (by R P.):

rickyb40 wrote:
I found the same stuff. I did the same searches but if you look at it all you will realize that there are two companies with the same name.

I can assure you that I am not shill. I am a real customer. I have just become pretty happy with my membership and want to do a little good PR in return for how well I was treated. Here was my journey on researching Global Travel.

1. I went to the presentation and came home to do my own Google searches. I almost didn't buy becuase of the negative stuff I found. Then I found 2 real member posts in different forums that where positive. These two posts helped me realize that there was a big difference in a a negative review from someone who just went to the presentation and someone who actually purchased. I wanted to know what a real member had experienced. Was the membership really worth it. Most (if not all) of the negative posts are from people who never purchased. I wanted to find reviews from people who purchased. Those where hard to find.

2. I also figured out there is a different company (A network marketing company) with the same name and they are all over on the internet becuase they are a bunch of network marketers trying to make a buck. These are two very different companies. Also, what they are selling is very different.

3. I found different reviews for different offices of this company all over the place. I actually called the mother company and talked to their customer service. I found out that each office is independently owned (Kind of like a franchise). This cleared up some of the confusion or me and explained why there where different websites for the same company.

4. I brought all of the stuff I was finding back to my sales guy (He gave me his cell number. I am sure he regretted that until I became a customer.) I was calling him 2 - 3 times a day when i would find bad stuff. i would say "What about this.. And what about that." He always took time to explain and his explanations made sense.

5. The BBB had a decent review of them. Seems like the had some complaints and dealt with them.

I know this post really does make me look like a shill or I work for the company or something. All I can tell you is that I am a happy customer. I spent a good 3 days solid researching before I purchased. In the end, I felt like this company was getting an undue bad rap from people who didn't like the sales presentation. When I was searching, I wanted real reviews from members. That is why I decided to post. I agree.... The sales process sucks. It its what it is. Long presentation with all of the sales tricks in the book. I don;t fall for that stuff. I left the presentation and did my own research. I ended up purchasing and I am happy.

It is expensive but I feel it is worth it. It is not as expensive as owning time share. It will probably take you 18 months - 2 1/2 years to recoup your up front cost in trip savings. I plan to break even in my next 2 trips. We have already saved alot but it's a wash becuase of the up front cost. But we are new members and will have the membership for the rest of our lives.

I probably won't come back and post again. on this. Don't want to beat a dead horse. Just keep your eyes open. There are two companies with the same name, look for real member reviews and not just people who don't like sales presentations or people who think their free stuff was not good enough.

Here is my final advice:

1. If you go to the presentation just for the free trip... You will be disappointed. Don't go.

2. If you are sort of interested and want a cheaper alternative to timeshare, then go. You'll enjoy the free trip and the presentation. Just realize you will have to cough up some money for the free trip. It's not much but you will have to spend some money.

3. Go in knowing they are trying to sell you something and they will try really hard to do it. Just like a car salesman. As far as I can tell, there is no way around this. If you want to learn about what they have to offer, you have to go sit through the sales thing.

4. I purchased and I am happy with it. I wish it was cheaper but I feel it was worth what I paid.

5. You can negotiate with them. I got some free stuff and worked the price down. Just like buying a car.

I hope this helps someone who is really looking.

Let me ask you this and I would like an honest answer .... did they sign you up to sell their travel product = multi level marketing. If the honest answer is yes then I rest my case. I just cannot see a customer going to the lengths and in such great detail as you did to praise a company if there wasn't something in it for you.