Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Kathryn M.):

I will send a test email shortly after sending this off. I haven't heard back from my Rep as yet, but I left a message for her to give me a call. It sounds like the Sales Rep may have been handing me a line about purchasing the points to add them to our 6500 points we get for a trade on our three properties. From what you say they would go into a separate pot of Trust points. Sounds like Marriott may need to do a better job schooling their Sales Reps in the future....I do have one interesting Marriott story to share with you. My husband and I had two weeks that we needed to use and a ton of Marriott Reward points, so I got a travel package (which we love!) and wanted to go to Phuket--but they had no availability, so we went to Marbella and Mallorca instead. We arrived in Heathrow on December 26th, and while waiting for our connecting flight to Marbella, we watched as the tsunami hit Phuket! I guess it was just not our time to go! Let me know if you don't receive my email. Many thanks!