Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Kathryn M.):

We have had a similiar experience. We purchased at Breckenridge, CO--but the difference was tht it was studio, BUT we purchased Platinum season (I think it was $15,900). We were told that you really needed to buy Platinum if you wanted to insure that you could trade high--so we did. Tht was back in 1992--if memory serves me. We LOVED the program, and we got a world trip through Marriott Rewards points as a perk for buying (it was 200,000 per trip with airfare at that time)! That property earned us 110,000 MRP every other year--meaning with two trades we had another world trip. Then in 2003 we purchased a lock off unit at Canyon Villas (pre-construction for $19,500)--again earning another 110,000 MRP every other year--meaning , which was absolutely terrific. We have never gone to any other resort than a Marriott--though we did TRY to get one through II in Venice 13 months out--and didn't even get close! We ended up spending some MRP staying at the Courtyard at the Venice Airport (not a bad trip in either). Point is, we have loved Marriott, we did just join the Destinations Program, and have no idea yet how we will like it. Hopefully it will give us the flexibility they promised. As I have said before, my main concern with Marriott is that they don't train their reps very well, as all of us have been told one thing in the sale--only to find out it is NOT they way the program works!