Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Den):

JimB387

This is very interesting. You think the Destinations program is a rip-off and then want us to contact you so you can sell us a week in far off Aruba.

I own a number of Marriott weeks; and, were I to do this again, I would only "rent what I need and want to use thru RedWeek." Renting units thru Redweek is the low cost alternative, enables more flexibility, avoids the "forever" commitment to maintenance fees, avoids the eventual loss on sale/disposition of the units, etc. Renting also removes the burden of worrying about using your weeks/points.

Having said this, we do enjoy our "owned" Marriott weeks/points and the reservation advantages of ownership. My wife would also say that ownership compelled us to plan and take some great vacations (she's always right). We just make sure that we use or rent out every week and point.