Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Bob P.):

You two are either very STUPID or the SHILLS I referred to. Anyone can buy a Legacy week on the Internet for a third of the price that Eric paid for his 6500 points @ $71,000, and still convert for $1495 rather than $695. BIB WOOP!

My one week at Desert Springs is a 2BR lock-off which cost 3750 points in high season. I paid $16,900 in 1994 and saw the price rise to over $30,000 by 2000. You can buy them all day for way less than I paid for it. Now over the past 17 years I have used the Master every year and deposited the lock-off about 10 times. Contrary to what Marriott told us about trading like for like, I have traded it for full units, mostly 2BR's, at Desert Ridge, Grand Vista, Custom House Boston, Williamsburg, Aruba, Hilton Head, Kawaii, and Maui.

On my Maui units, each time I have traded one, it was my 1BR for a 2BR at Ko Olina. Since I traded a Hawaii unit, even though I got another Hawaii unit, II gave me a BONUS week to use.

I think I will stay with my plan. Oh! Before you tell me I won't be able to do it in the future, I just got off the II web site where I made the trades for this Year. My lock off that I did not use last week got me a 2br in Los Vegas and one of the Maui's Was traded for a 2Br at Newport Coast.

Thank You! Please let me know when that future happens and what they tell you when you try to use your points for a Maui unit.