Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Bob P.):

You are both correct. I should not have used the word stupid in my response. That aside, I have probably got more out of my ownership than most people who have ever bought a timeshare. Up until the points program, I have referred numerous friends, and many bought. Based on their desired usage, some have paid to convert. I won't!

Last year I attended an owners forum at Desert Springs. The owners came in mass and security had to be called. If there was a satisfied owner there he/she failed to raise their hand.

My main objection is centered on the fact that when I bought I was guaranteed that trades would be like for like. That said, why should I only get 2900 points for a deposit of my 2BR lock-off unit that they will charge 3750 points for? I OWN the unit, not THEM. Plus, I would not be able to use or trade the Lock-off they sold me.

In PD we have many Snowbird owners who own 4 or more weeks and split their time to make the stay double. They would no longer be able to do this without the purchase of significantly more points.

Lastly, I think the price they are charging new buyers is outrageous. One of the reasons they stopped selling them as units is that people found out the resale value was very low. In the presentation I had last week the salesman told me he converted ALL HIS UNITS to points. I said SHOW ME! He would not!

Do what you are happy with.