Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Den):

I think Legacy week owners are, in many respects, the "true winners" in the Destinations (Dest) program. We can use our weeks, rent them out, or trade thru Interval to achieve a higher value than by trading for Dest pts. I do sometimes deposit for Dest pts but "only when it works to my advantage" compared to the alternatives.

I suggest that we turn this forum into a forum on how to get the most value from our Legacy weeks - with or without Destinations.

One thought - I paid $8k for Plat Newport Coast weeks recently in the aftermarket. Those weeks would cost 4,700 Dest pts each (a $50k plus investment in Dest pts). There are good alternatives to buying Dest pts out there and Marriott does not seem to be exercising the right of first refusal. Aftermarket weeks are way undervalued. To me, the opportunity to buy a "substantially equivalent" product for these low prices is a great deal (and a real threat to Destinations).