Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Company called Paradise Property Group Offering to Re-Sell Mayan Palace Timeshare for NO Upfront Fee (by Lance C.):

charlesc358 wrote:
The offer appears too good to be true. I can't find one negative word about this company on the internet. Plus, they have provided me with three "references." Has anybody heard of this company called Paradise Property Group, located in Seattle, Washington? Are they legit, or are they a scam?
1) If they called you out of the blue, they're likely a scam. Legitimate resale brokers usually do not deal with zero-value timeshares because it's just not worth it for them - let alone calling up owners out of the blue.

2) If it appears too good to be true, it probably is -especially with Mexican Timeshares.

3) You can't find any negative information about them because they are either "new kids on the block" or were previously a scam operation that has shut down and resurfaced under a new name.

4) There is "no upfront fee" simply because they do not label it "upfront fee". Here's what will likely happen (we hear of this on boards like these oh so often):

They will get back to you telling you that they have found a buyer (which they haven't) and that this fairly tale buyer has either put down a non-refundable deposit or has paid for it outright. Then, when you're ready to close this mythical deal, they will tell you that you just need to pay some sort of fee or tax to complete the deal.

If you ask why that money can't come out of the proceeds of the sale, they will tell you that that tax or fee has to be paid as required be the Mexican Government before the funds can be released to you.

Many have been duped by this trick and sent the fee thinking that, not only will they be free of their timeshare obligations, but that they'll be receiving a big payday. Then, being intoxicated by the thought of this huge check, they blindly hand their money over only to have these scam artists disappear with the money and likely resurface under a new name with the same scam.

You can "play along" with them if you want but, mark my words, they will tell you that you need to pay a tax or fee before the deal can be sealed.