Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Bob P.):

Dennis, your search of availability in Maui to me does not support the program you are so supportive of. This is where we have a large difference of opinion. This program is being sold at a premium price based on the idea that if you have enough points you can go ANYWHERE. That is my point with respect to what I see as a ripoff, regardless of price. Maui owners of a sold out resort will never give up a unit for a below market value point total that will not get them a premium unit in a high market location. One bedroom units in the original Lahaina tower will only get an owner 3100 points. A total that will not get them anything comparable based on location. Mind you the unit isn't great, but the location sure is. This simply presents a problem. Keep in mind Maui units sold at a large premium due to that location.

As i have said often, satisfaction is an individual thing. I am extremely satisfied with the units I own and simply will never give them up for what I perceive to be less.