Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Marriott Destination Club Points transfer process and required fees (by Charles S.):

jeffreys95 wrote:
I feel like Marriott has misled us with these destination points. They are very difficult to book, space is limited. Owners week take priority. You can barely make your money back by renting. I don't know anyone who has anything good to say about them. And look at what Marriott is now charging to resell these points. That's like double dipping! Any lawyers out there think we could have a class action suit??

Jeffrey, I am not sure what you feel misled about. It's obvious that you are unhappy. I will say that weeks owners have their reservations come from a different pot than points owners. Yes, Marriott is trying to protect the points prices with their charges. However, if you bought these points, that was in the paperwork that you signed.

I would suggest that you go to the timeshare users group website and see what many Marriott owners are saying and doing with the points in the DC program. You will find many happy owners. Now if you only bought points and are a new points owner, then you may be unhappy with the price you paid and you may not have enough points to go to the places you may have thought you could go. I don't know, but check out veterans who have experience with the system and get ideas to maximize your options.