Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I am a former TIMESHARE EMPLOYEE IN MEXICO (by Andy B.):

I have just started my first business - money is tight as you can imagine. Additionally my wife just lost our first child. We don't have any money at the moment so my father in law kindly gave us the use of his time share and we chose to go to Mexico.

After a 12 hour flight from the UK including delays we reached the Gran Mayan.

We were then roped in to sales pitch for the next day. It should have clicked when we had to give a deposit of 10 USD on the promise of a free breakfast , 1000 pesos room credit and a free tour to the ruins in Tullum but we were just too tired.

The pitch was to last no more than 1 hour but in total we started at 9.30 and finished at 12.30

4 sales people later and we finally got out. Having worked for legitimate business all my life it saddens me that people like this tarnish business for others.

They tried to use everything they could, diagrams, coloured drawings, brochures,confusing arithmetic, to confuse and dilute the true essence of what it is there were selling.

the initial price was $68,000 but they didn't want that today they wanted 35% deposit an they could finance the rest.- just close to $21,000 they wanted today!!

our explanation of our situation only triggered the sales person to call the next guy over and for him to lower the price.

When that had no effect they call another lady over and she dropped the price to $10,000 dollars

When we she got no result and my wife had to tell her why we were here we were ushered under the pretence that we could leave, we went through to another room where the final guy 1)- said he was friends with the owner 2)-conducted a fake survey of our experience 3)-tried to sell us again this time for a reduced rate and a 2 year tie in

It took me to tell him I not only wanted to leave but to go back home to the UK for him to let us go.

On the exit we even had to endure sarcastic remarks from the sales lady who offered us the sale for $10,000

When we went to book our free trip to Tullum we discovered it was a 5 hour trip but only 1.5hours was at the ruins. 1.5hours is spent at a jewellery factory which we were not told about.

the guy at the desk said " thats why it is free sir"- fair enough but that was nt made clear.

All in all its just a big scam from start to finish

Before you put pen to paper i would urge you to stronlgy think of these before hand:-

Would you buy a house or car without knowing all there is to know about it first? service history past owners,surveys etc.

Would you buy something without looking at the prices of others before making a decision?

Why would you trust someone you have just met with such large sums of money?

Thanks

A