Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Corporate Timeshare Network - rental or sales (by Forestt C.):

I've been a member of Bluegreen since they converted from weeks to points and really like them. The key to Bluegreen is knowing how to use the points. The first thing you need to do is figure the value of the points compared to the maintenance fees you pay per year. For people with less than 10,000 points, it will probably be around $80 for every 1000 points. For me it is $60 for every thousand points. What I do is look at how many points a place has per day, let's say 1000, and I calculate the value to me, $60 per day. This is typical for a Mon - Thu. Since most Bluegreen offers a kitchen, this is a good deal for me. If the place was 3000 points per night, the value for my points would be $180 per day. This is typical on Fri, Sat and Sun. This would not be a good deal. What I would do is use bonus time at $69, $79, $89 a night (depending on whether the place is a 1, 2 or 3 bedroom). If the place is not available for bonus time, you either get put on the waiting list or I just keep checking the Bluegreen website. Amazingly, I usually am able to get the place with bonus time because someone is always canceling at the last minute.

The secret to getting the time you want is planning. You will find most place are bookable with points from 7 months or more out. My trick is to book the whole week, cancel Fri and Sat about 4 to six weeks before going and immediately use bonus time to book Fri and Sat. (this has failed me only one time in 15 years)

Another secret is flexibility. If you planning a trip when everyone else wants to go (high red season), you will not only have a harder time reserving, you will also spend a lot more points. I plan most of my trips during off seasons for a lot less points. The place you want to go in the high red season may be 3,000 per night but may only be 500 points in the blue or white. I booked 1 week at Big Sky for 2000 points a WEEK during the middle of May. That was a week worth of traveling to Yellowstone without having to deal with the crowds for $120 for me.

Still other tricks are to use RCI and Select Connections when nothing is available through Bluegreen. You can use either points or pay cash (usually $400 or less for RCI)

If you need more points, I'd go through resale on the Internet. I've seen some amazing bargains (pennies on the dollar). Keep in mind you will be paying higher maintenance fees.

Currently, I have 10 places booked through December and points to spare. Hope this helps.