Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: We are thinking about a Timeshare Purchase, whats your honest opinion??? (by Brad L.):

Don't buy from a small company. Only publicly traded comapnies listed on the NYSE are properly regulated and only buy from a licensed real estate broker. Only buy in the US if you a US citizen. Don't buy in Mexico. I have owned a few time shares and recently converted all of them into points with one of the big 2 companies...and love the points. I have never had a single issue using them and you get what you pay for.

I have bought one of the resale market, but its why people have problems exchanging (I did...and learned the hard way) and you are not part of the system. You will get nickel and dimmed to death.

Most people, I know who have problems try to "out smart the system" and buy something for a dollar. Don't buy anything on this resell market. Its all crap....its the left overs. All the big companies buy the good ones before we have access to them. I Would say 3% of the resell ones are worth it. Make sure you read all the fine print and be aware that most of the resell companies actually lie more then the actual timeshare sales agents. They are both on commission. Location, Location, Location is critical. I would never buy in Florida or anywhere where the supply exceeds the demand. Only buy in a high demand location or you will never be able to trade it.

Why would someone in Hawaii want a week in Vegas? Rooms rent for $50 dollars a night in Vegas.etc.....

Buy right the first time or don't buy at all.

hope that helps.