Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

We are thinking about a Timeshare Purchase, whats your honest opinion??? (by Fred S.):

I would not do it. I paid $43k in 2006 for 1week at the Marriott Ko'olina club great fun but look at the purchase page. Today the highest ocean view resale is only $5k. Since then I added a second week and found at this higher level trading and booking is very easy. So if you think it is an investment it is not. Second market resales come with less benefits so beware.

johnh1645 wrote:
Hello all,

My wife and I are new to Red Week and joined to start doing some purchase research.

We love Marco Island Florida and have been renting a home for the past couple years, we like to travel in late Sept.- early Oct, the "off season". We like having our own pool and spa, but its a pain to drive and a walk to the beach, then try to find chairs. We visited the Eagles Nest and liked what we saw, there are many opportunities to buy a flex share there for around $3000.00 + yearly fee's approx. $1200. Even if we can catch a "deal" on a house its at least $1600+.

What's your honest opinion on all the above and more?